I’m a purpose-driven storyteller. My passion is planning, producing and sharing content that targeted audiences find useful and engaging, in order to drive business goals.
I was trained as a journalist and spent 20 years as a reporter and editor at mainstream dailies from Anchorage to South Florida and, finally, at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. I wrote metro news articles, then worked on the early ajc.com, and finally produced the daily Living section. In 2007, I switched to corporate communications and brand journalism, creating internal and digital communications for Coca-Cola, SunTrust and Cox Enterprises. (Opinions expressed on any of these pages are just my own.)
As a consultant and free-lancer, I’m proud to be affiliated with Coke, Cox, Verizon, MasterCard and others. Here are a few recent work samples.
- My feature articles for Coca-Cola’s Journey site, including:
- For MasterCard’s MasterPass program:
- For Verizon, articles on:
- An app to help blind people
- Why it’s smart to hire veterans
- “7 Jobs You Might Like If Numbers Don’t Scare You”
- From SolarCity’s The Daily Peak, Inspiration for Better Living
- Hosting Thanksgiving? Four Tips for First-Timers
- At SunTrust, I produced internal and external content for the “onUp movement” to financial confidence, including Facebook “movement moments” here.
- One, two and three issues of InSide Cox magazine that showcase engaging content, bright design, employees over executives, and how Cox promotes its values through business
- I enjoyed my listicles for Cox Media Group on its Rare site (10 songs about weather… 9 beauty tips men should copy from women… crazy vanity plates)
- Back in The AJC with a contribution to this op-ed package on traffic, and this piece on the Ponce City Market sign and Atlanta’s icons
- A column on how to self-correct writing mistakes
- A fun multimedia look at drag in Atlanta
For more about my career, check out my LinkedIn page.
You can also find me on:
— Jay Croft